Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Perfectionist" God

I just realized the other day that I prefer a "perfectionist" God. A distorted image of the God we are all trying to grasp each in our own unique and limited way. It was an eye opener - during one of those times when i complain to God about the messiness of life.....The words "you are looking for a perfectionist God" came to mind, quite simply and gently. And i was struck by the reality of this.....how i actually wish for a God who like me, prefers his creation in order - and after all he is quite capable to see to it that it is orderly. Yet he does not, and invites me to a life of I saw how my many struggles with the untidiness of life, with the uncooperative people around who complicate matters, and interfere with my agenda, making demands that are not part of my tidy plans. Life is complicated because there's too many tasks, too many needs.....I usually prefer to plan my life and then offer it to God (though he has many times over taught me otherwise, the habit dies hard..... and painfully as well!!)
To quote something i read recently, "The interruptions are as integral to the scene as anything i had planned. I only receive the day and the program that comes to me during the day from God. And that's what makes the difference"

No comments: