Friday, May 07, 2010

You raise me up



I admit I have been spending quite a bit of time searching through You Tube ........and came across this song. I had heard it before but could not locate the title or singer. It seems like a gospel song and the words tell the story of the reality of the consolations and desolations experienced through an ongoing relationship with the Lord. Perhaps some of us might like to include it in our 'wish list' for people to sing at our funeral!! Sounds morbid but not really for Christians, as death is merely a graced entrance into a 'new life'. I have been thinking more realistically about life and death, of late. As i mentioned to a friend, the obituary page is the one I turn to without fail when I first open the newspapers. Not so twenty or thirty years ago - but a regular habit these days. Quite telling, for at the age of over-fifty, there are far fewer years ahead as there were behind.

I am consoled by the reminder that indeed Lord, "You raise me up". Everything is grace, everything comes from you as gift.....a prayer of gratitude that every day and every moment You create anew and raise up everything, every heart that's offered to you.

No comments: